Czech NGO NESEHNUTÍ and a Georgian NGO Abkhazintercont invite you to participate in the civil society support program for Georgia and offer a possibility to obtain support for your civil campaigns and projects for the period from May 2021 till April 2022.
Program donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
NGOs, independent media, informal groups, civil initiatives or activists, local organizations working at the border´s regions of Georgia: Adjaria, Samche-Javacheti, Kvemo-Kartli and Kacheti.
Support shall not be granted to political parties and either formally or informally affiliated organizations (youth or expert organizations etc.)
Priority topics and forms of activities supported in this program:
- Protection of environment, climate, nature or animal rights
- Public participation in decision making, free access to information
- Equal opportunities for men and women
- Independent and investigative journalism
- Protection of human rights (including civil and social rights, rights of minorities and low-income groups)
What can the selected initiatives look forward to?
- Selected groups and initiatives will take part in a planning session with professional facilitators, with the help of who they will be able to develop their ideas into concrete plans, and then implement them from May 2021 to April 2022.
- participation of selected members of your initiative at the three-days Forum in Georgia in September 2021. The Forum will be focused on capacity building and development of civic initiatives and activists in Georgia. There will be participating at the forum representatives of donor organizations and foundations as well.
- Financial support for your campaign in the average amount of EUR 1,500-2,500
- Participation of selected representatives of supported initiatives on a study trip to the Czech Republic in the year 2022.
- Consultations with foreign experts online and offline, expert consultations on demand, operational support for your initiative
What ideas, campaigns and initiatives are we looking for?
Only those which can help activate part of the public with a goal to reach concrete changes and results in a problem.
Examples of suitable project proposals:
- activity aimed at mobilizing the community to solve urgent problems
- protection of the rights of vulnerable categories of citizens
- activity aimed at strategic solutions for the development of local communities
- activity aimed at solving environmental problems
- organization of legal, psychological, social or informational assistance to the population
- formation of volunteer teams or mobile teams to provide assistance
- organization of work with children (social, pedagogical or psychological work)
We draw your attention to the fact that project actions should be aimed at creating certain measures or changes, and not at one-time actions or assistance.
What applications are not suitable?
social work projects, one-time events, various educational and general education campaigns, lectures or publishing information materials that do not set as a goal specific systemic changes.
March 28, 2021 - the last day for accepting your application forms (proposals received after this deadline will not be evaluated).
April 8, 2021 - all candidates will receive information on the results of the competition. We will agree on the date of personal meeting with the selected candidates.
April 15-25, 2021- online meetings with selected candidates (the meeting is not a guarantee that you were finally chosen and included in the support program).
April - May 2021- working meeting, where you will make a detailed plan of your project with the help of an expert facilitator. The attendance at the meeting is obligatory (3-4 participants from each of the selected initiatives).
May 2021 - April 2022 - the actual implementation of projects, provision of the expert support as needed.
September - October 2021 - seminar where we will evaluate your interim results of the campaign together and based on that prepare an update of the campaign plan.
Spring 2022 - monitoring meetings, evaluation of the implementation of the campaign.
Here you can find the application.
For more information, contact: email@example.com