Open call: The Way Towards Civil Society Engagement
Czech NGO NESEHNUTÍ, The Initiative Way programme and Center for Community Mobilization and Support invite you to participate in the civil society support program for Armenia and offer a possibility to obtain support for your civil campaigns and initiatives for the period from June 2021 till May 2022. Open call deadline May 5, 2021.
Program donor: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic
Eligible participants are NGOs, independent media, informal groups, civil initiatives or local associations from Armenia. Support shall not be granted to political parties and either formally or informally affiliated organizations (youth or expert organizations etc.)
Priority topics and forms of activities supported in this program:
- Protection of environment, climate, nature or animal rights
- Public participation in decision making, free access to information
- Equal opportunities for men and women
- Independent and investigative journalism
- Protection of human rights (including civil and social rights, rights of minorities and low-income groups)
Advocacy and watchdog campaigns, as well as civil campaigns engaging the general public shall be given preference.
What can the selected initiatives look forward to?
- Selected groups and initiatives will take part in trainings with professional foreign trainers, with the help of which they will be able to develop their ideas into concrete plans of civil campaigns, and then implement them from June 2021 till May 2022
- Financial support for your campaign in the average amount of EUR 2,000
- Participation of selected representatives of supported initiatives on a study trip to Central Europe in 2022
- Consultations with foreign experts online or in person, expert consultations on demand, operational support for your initiative
What ideas, campaigns and initiatives are we looking for?
Only those on the basis of which a public campaign can be built, the most important part of which is the mobilization of a certain part of the population in order to achieve concrete changes and results. Our understanding of the "civil campaign" we have outlined here: https://bit.ly/3mIheBR. We strongly recommend that you read this article before you begin to fill out the application.
What applications are not suitable?
Social work projects, humanitarian aid, one-time events, various educational and general education campaigns, lectures or publishing information materials that do not set as a goal specific systemic changes.
May 5, 2021 - the last day for accepting your application forms (proposals received after this deadline will not be evaluated).
May 16, 2021 - all candidates will receive information on the results of the competition. We will agree on the date of personal meeting with the selected candidates.
May 17 - 20, 2021 - interview with selected candidates (the meeting is not a guarantee that you were finally chosen and included in the support program).
End of May 2021 - training, where you will make a detailed plan of your civic campaign with the help of an expert facilitator. The attendance at the training is obligatory (3-4 participants from each of the selected initiatives).
June 2021 - May 2022 - the actual implementation of civic campaigns, provision of the expert support as needed.
September - October 2022 - seminar where we will evaluate your interim results of the campaign together and based on that prepare an update of the campaign plan.
Spring 2022 - monitoring meetings, evaluation of the implementation of the campaign.
Please send your applications (form below) by April 30, 2021:
For more information, contact:
The project is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic in the framework of the Transition Promotion Programme.