Do you believe that environmental problems cannot be solved by the work of a single person, yet you are unsure of how to get the attention of local residents, stakeholders, and volunteers? Unleash the power of community engagement with us!
What will you learn in the course?
- Correctly identify the groups and communities with whom you will need to interact with in order to solve the environmental problems which you feel strongly about;
- Understand the needs and motivations of different people, formulate catchy messages, and get the attention of your target groups – whether young parents, cyclists, or older people;
- Use a variety of methods to engage communities through both social networks and in person;
- Inspire people to join forces and stay motivated.
In what format will the training take place?
Less theory, more practice ! The course includes 9 interactive webinars, individual online consultations with mentors, as well as independent work to be completed by participants. We will create a space in which you not only learn in a productive and fun manner, but one where you will also be able to share your process with other participants. As a result of training, you will not only create a specific and realistic action plan for working with your target groups, but you will also begin to test it!
Who will accompany you on this educational adventure?
Experienced mentors and environmental activists from different countries will accompany you. Taking into account your wishes, the mentors will develop an individualized support program oriented towards your particular needs and goals.
CommunityWay is for you, if:
- You are an activist working in the field of environmental protection;
- You act independently or belong to environmental initiatives and organizations;
- You work in one of the following countries: Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia;
- You have a high personal and professional motivation to take part in the program;
- You understand which specific environmental problem in your region you will be working with in the near future;
- You have little to no experience working with communities, stakeholders, and volunteers;
- You are ready for a month of working with communities and learning in an intensive format.
Important! We warmly welcome, if during the course, you work together with other activists on your own initiative. You might involve them in the execution as well as include them in individual mentoring sessions as part of the program.
Working Language: The majority of the course will be in Russian, however, there will be some parts in which it is also possible to use English. English proficiency is not a part of the selection criteria.
Timeframe: CommunityWay will be 5 weeks long, running from November 9 to December 9, 2021. Get ready for an intense learning experience! You will receive 9, 1.5-hour webinars, both group and individual online meetings with mentors, as well as independent work.
Cost of Program: Participation is free!
How do I get involved? Fill out the online application https://forms.gle/pZhq4ZfmimetGvJD9
by October 10, 2021. Places are limited, therefore, applicants will undergo a selection process. All applicants will receive results of the program’s selection no later than October 28, 2021.
If you have any questions about participating in the EcoWay program, please, email Volha at: email@example.com.